- Waxing should be completed at least 48 hours prior to your appointment and shaving should be completed with a razor that lacks a moisture strip 12 hours prior
- Stray away from a body scrub/loofah combo as most are oil-based and will leave a residue. Instead, use a exfoliating mitt.
- Forgo any lotions, oils, deodorant, perfumes, or makeup the day of your appointment. All of these can create a barrier on the skin that the tan will not adhere to.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing with open-toed sandals. Please note that the bronzer in solution may transfer to your items, but is water soluble and should wash out.
- Complete manicures + pedicures the day prior. If completed day-of tan, please forgo any oils/lotions that your nail technician might apply on you. If completed days after tan, your tan may become uneven due to soaking, acetone, oils, lotions, etc.
- Any bar soaps/cream-based body washes (Dove specifically) are known to leave a residue on the skin and can create a barrier that the tan cannot penetrate through and may leave streaks. Any gel-based body wash is best. Showering should be completed at least four hours prior to tanning to allow your pH levels to neutralize. If you must shower within four hours, run cold water at the end of your shower.
- Do not get wet or sweat until your initial rinse. This means no showering, working out, lotions, or liquid foundations on the skin until after you take your initial rinse. If you have pets, do not let them lick you.
- If you touch yourself while your tan is developing, this could result in stained palms.
- If you do not rinse at your designated time, your tan may develop too light or too dark. Do not use soap. Temperature should be lukewarm. If you see streaks after getting out the shower, hop back in and use your hand to guide the leftover bronzer off.
- The more hydrated your skin is, the longer your tan will last. Your moisturizer should be free of mineral oil and artificial fragrance. You may use a tan extending lotion that contains DHA after day three. In addition, be sure to drink lots of water.
- Avoid using any loofahs or wash rags during your showers. It is best to wash with hands only in areas where needed (pits + privates) to ensure a long-lasting tan. A gel-based body wash is best.
- Avoid swimming in the pool/ocean for long periods of time, long hot showers/baths, saunas, and excessive sweating. Your tan will not last very long if you are planning to do any of these activities.
Ready to meet the new you?
Visit Bronze Beauty Bar today for more details on how you can look and feel like the best version of yourself!